Categories of Personal Information Collected
Generally, we collect the following types of personal information:
- Identifiers such as your name, address, email address, telephone number and birthday;
- Geolocation data including the precise location information about a particular individual or device. You may opt out of sharing your geolocation information by changing the setting on your mobile device, however, this may disable certain features of our mobile application;
- Technical and computer connection information, such as your internet service provider’s address, your internet protocol or IP address, your MAC address, your operating system, the web page from which you came, your web browser software, the type of handheld or mobile device used to link to the web page and the language and zone settings on your web browser. We may also collect clickstream data or search history.
Use of Personal Information
We may use the personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide our services to you
- To personalize your experiences with us by creating personalized promotions
- For marketing and promotional purposes
- To send you – with your consent – App notifications, emails and text messages
- To understand our customers and improve our services
- To administer our QC Rewards program
- To fulfill your online orders
- To protect our legal rights and prevent misuse
- For compliance with legal obligations
- Related to our general business operations
We may share your personal information with companies that develop, host or maintain the sites for QuickChek and/or provide support to us in marketing our products and services to you.
We may also share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or other similar purposes.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide services to you, comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements. You may “Opt-Out” from communications from QuickChek. You may delete your account, or ask us to delete the account, at any time.
Your use of QuickChek’s website and mobile application is your consent to this policy.
We have implemented safeguards to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, mobile device, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody knows or can easily guess and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised password or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a small amount of information that is downloaded onto your computer, laptop, smart phone and/or tablet, otherwise known as your device, when you visit our site. We use browser cookies which are temporary cookies that are erased from your device’s memory when you close your internet browser or turn the device off. We also use persistent cookies which are stored on your device until they expire or you delete them, whichever comes first. Some cookies are set by the website when you visit. These are known as First Party Cookies. Other cookies are set by third party service providers who perform some of these functions for us: Third Party Cookies. We group browser cookies into three (3) categories: Required Cookies; Functional Cookies; and Advertisement Cookies.
Required Cookies are necessary to enable the basic features of the website, such as loading images or allowing you to select your cookie preference. These cookies cannot be switched off. You can, however, set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.
Functional Cookies allow us to analyze your use of the website to evaluate and improve our performance and to offer you a better and more secure customer experience.
First Party Analytics Cookies are used to estimate the number of unique visitors, to improve the website and to detect for the most searched words in search engines that lead to a webpage. These cookies only gather information for statistical purposes and only use pseudonymous cookie identifiers that do not directly identify you and are not used to target you with online marketing.
Third Party Analytics Cookies, including Google Analytics, help us measure how users interact with the website content. These cookies “remember” what users have done on previous pages and how they have interacted with the website. For more information, please visit Google’s privacy practices and Google Analytics Opt-Out.
Authentication cookies are used for the duration of the session (or persistent, if you agree to the “Remember Me” function) to allow users to authenticate themselves on subsequent visits or to gain access to authorized content across pages.
User-centric security cookies are used to detect authentication abuses for a limited persistent duration, such as repeated failed login attempts. These cookies are set for the specific task of increasing security of the service.
Load balance session cookies are used for the duration of the session to identify the same server in the pool for the load balancer to redirect user requests appropriately.
User interface customization persistent cookies are used to store a user’s preference regarding a service across the web pages.
Advertising Cookies may be used to share data with advertisers so the ads you see are more relevant to you, allow you to share certain pages with social networks or allow you to post comments on our website.
QuickChek does not knowingly solicit or collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 without prior, verifiable parental consent. If we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
3 Old Highway 28
Whitehouse Station, NJ 08889